Alternative Tentacles is a record label founded by Jello Biafra, the lead singer of the punk band Dead Kennedys. While the label has released music by a diverse range of artists, including various punk, rock, and experimental acts, it is not owned or exclusively focused on female vocalists. However, there have been several notable female artists signed to Alternative Tentacles over the years. Some of the prominent women who have released music through the label include:
1. Alice Donut – The alternative rock band fronted by female vocalist Tomas Antona was signed to Alternative Tentacles and released multiple albums on the label.
2. L7 – The all-female punk rock band from Los Angeles briefly signed to Alternative Tentacles and released their debut album « L7 » in 1988.
3. Babes in Toyland – The influential all-female alternative rock band from Minneapolis released their debut album « Spanking Machine » on Alternative Tentacles in 1990 before signing to a major label.
4. Tsunami – The indie rock band from Arlington, Virginia, fronted by Jennifer Herrema, released their debut album « World Tour and Other Destinations » on Alternative Tentacles in 1993.
5. Tribe 8 – The queercore punk band from San Francisco, fronted by Lynn Breedlove, released several albums on Alternative Tentacles in the 1990s.
These are just a few examples, and there may be other female vocalists and bands associated with Alternative Tentacles over the years.